27/10/16: Update

October 27, 2016

Last night I managed another 2.5 hours of NGC-281 in hydrogen alpha. I spent a little longer than usual setting up as I'm still getting to grips with PHD2 and the need to optimise the polar alignment for best results.

Autoguiding performance was very good, with good RMS values for both RA and Dec. Sub-pixel guiding was achieved ensuring round stars in all 15 minute subframes.

This evening the CCD is busy capturing dark frames and I'll run the Bias frames later.



Subscribe
RSS
Keywords
Archive
January February (1) March (1) April May June (1) July August September (1) October (1) November December
January February March April May June July August September October November December
January February March April May June July August September October (3) November (2) December
January (1) February March April May June July August September October November December