A clear night tonight, I decided to grab the RGB data for my M81 and M82 image. I took 6x5 minute exposures of each channel binned 2x2. M81 and M82 were about to cross the meridian at this point so I decided to image the Hickson 44 Galaxy Group in the constellation Leo. I've wanted to image this galaxy grouping for a while due to the diversity of the galaxy types. I took 15x5 minute luminence exposures and managed to get a decent image abeit a large field of view. I therefore cropped the image around the galaxy group to show the detail. These galaxies lie 60 million lightyears away.
A couple of days later I attempted to do something with the RGB data I had gathered for the M81/M82 image. Unfortunately I'd overexposed the galaxies and there was a significant light pollution gradient which made processing very difficult. I therefore decided to leave the luminence image as it is and have another go next time!