08/12/13: Imaging Update

December 08, 2013

This week I finally managed to process my first image using the Hubble Palette (SII:Ha:OIII). Although it only comprised two hours of hydrogen alpha data, the end result was satisfactory. I followed the instructions from the book 'Lessons from the Masters' by Rob Gendler after processing the individual filtered images separately using the Zone System approach. Getting the correct colour balance was important to generate an aesthetically pleasing image.

My next Hubble Palette project is another go at IC410, The Tadpole Nebula in Auriga. My plan is to aim for at least 6 hours per filter. I will shoot the H-alpha data first then the OIII which can then be combined in a bicolour image to begin with, then finish with the SII to generate the Hubble palette image. 

Tonight turned out clear in the end so I managed to gather 3.5 hours of H-alpha data (14 x 15min subframes). This will be processed later this week once I have taken a new batch of dark frames.

 



Subscribe
RSS
Keywords
Archive
January February (1) March (1) April May June (1) July August September (1) October (1) November December
January February March April May June July August September October November December
January February March April May June July August September October (3) November (2) December
January (1) February March April May June July August September October November December